Jay Oaks may have had a bit of an advantage in answering the November trivia question. He works as the learning system manager for the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, after all, and the Glover Building was the first veterinary hospital on the CSU campus. It was named for Dr. George Glover, first head of the Department of Veterinary Medicine at Colorado Agricultural College in 1907.
Jay has been with CSU in various capacities for 22 years. Originally from Alabama, he came to Fort Collins to finish his degree at CSU and has been here ever since. When he’s not working on the South Campus, Jay builds detailed Lego models and is an avid snowboarder.
For having his answer selected at random from all the correct answers submitted, Jay received a special swag bag full of sesquicentennial items, including a bandana autographed by State Climatologist Russ Schumacher, the winningest Ram to ever appear on Jeopardy!, and a $20 gift certificate from the CSU Bookstore.
This month’s question involves another important sesquicentennial.
- Collegiate football is also celebrating its 150th anniversary this year. What year was football first played in Fort Collins, at what was then the Colorado Agricultural College?
Submit your answer to email@example.com with December Trivia in the subject line by Jan. 17, 2020 (CSU Life will not publish over winter break).