This recipe is perfect for a healthful snack on the go. It is easy to prepare and can provide energy to fuel your busy schedule or your favorite fall outdoor activities!
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2/3 Cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Ground Flax Seed or Wheat Germ
- ½ CUP Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until mixed. let mixture chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into one-inch balls.
- Store the bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer for three months.
Serving Size: 1 Energy Bite
Yield: 25 servings
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Added Sugars 2g
Find more recipes and nutrition tips at the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center webpage.