Oatmeal-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Give your typical chicken tenders a healthy new recipe from the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center. Breaded in a blend of oats, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese, these chicken tenders have all the crisp and flavor of the ones you know and love, but with a fraction of the fat and calories.
Serving Size: 4 ounces (2 chicken tenders) Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- Cooking spray
- Preheat to 450°F.
- Process oats in a food processor for about 20 seconds until coarsely ground.
- Add in cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse in the processor until just combined.
- Spray both sides of the raw chicken tenders with cooking spray, then coat in oat mixture.
- Place tenders on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Check to make sure chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
- Calories 295
- Total fat 9 g
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 33 g
- Total Carbohydrates 18 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sodium 322 mg
- Added sugars 0 g
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.