It’s that time of year again – the rst snow has fallen, the fall semester
is wrapping up, winter break is around the corner and it’s AP Star Award and Distinguished Administrative Professional Award (DAPA) nomination time! The AP Star Award and recognizes hard-working administrative professionals and past award winners hail from across all colleges within Colorado State University. We are looking for you to nominate your administrative professional colleagues and supervisees that “shine” the brightest within our RAMily, no matter how short or long they have worked for CSU.
Don’t be shy – we know we have amazing administrative professionals who deserve to be nominated and recognized. Spread the word, approach your supervisor and co-workers, and let them know about this award – you never know you might even be nominated! The Administrative Professional Council Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the AP Star awards until noon, Friday, Feb. 7 and for the DAPA awards until noon on Friday, Feb. 14, 2020.
Points to consider when writing your AP Star or DAPA nomination:
- Demonstrates willingness to go above and beyond in their workwithin their department, in collaboration with other units and/or thecampus community.
- Exempli es and honors the importance of work-life integration andsupports it in themselves as well as their area, department and theUniversity.
- Contributes to CSU administrative professionals on campus throughleadership, support and mentoring.
- Utilizes resources in a more effective manner (doing more with less)Thinking of nominating someone? Consider these pointers:
• Don’t use generalizations. Stating that the nominee is “amazing” and“great” is not enough – give speci c examples of how the individualhas gone over and above.
• Don’t assume everyone knows what you are talking about. Brie yexplain acronyms and projects for the awards committee to have a clear picture of the nominee’s work and accomplishments.
Remember the WHW of nominations:
• WHAT did the nominee do (speci c projects, committee work,presentations, publications, etc.)?
• HOW did they do it (creation of teams, leader of projects, speci cbehaviors and attitudes, etc.)?
• WHAT was the impact (give speci c examples and/or stakeholdertestimonials)?
Now the only question is – who will you nominate for the 2020 AP Star Award or DAPA?
Visit https://ap.colostate.edu/awards/ap-stars-award/ or https://ap.colostate.edu/awards/distinguished-ap/ to nominate someone today!